Monday, April 24, 2017

SAE Visit #2

My second SAE visit took me to the Nescopek Agway. It is owned by a couple who both graduated from Cumberland Valley, were state officers, and have a son in my Ag 1 class. He is one of those individuals who is totally invested in what the ag teacher has to say, and wants to take advantage of all that is offered in FFA. While my first visit was to a graduating senior at a state star winning project, this second visit was the very first one for this student. 

To prepare I double checked that his AET records were complete to the level that we had required in class. I wrote down a few questions, and decided that I wanted to let him give me a tour of his duties at the store. When I pulled in to the parking lot, I was impressed to see him moving palates around the parking lot with a forklift. That is something I couldn't do, and it showed a great deal of maturity and responsibility. After my tour, we had a talk about this responsibility. I told him that a good SAE project shows growth. He needs to talk to his parents and really establish what his duties and responsibilities are at the store, in hopes of being able to show measured growth throughout his 4 years. The true establishment of this SAE program will happen when Mr Brown makes his rounds this summer, but for the time being I was able to mark him with a passing SAE grade in the grade book. I hope that I get the chance to see him again in a few years, and see how he grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment